Wondering how you can help your community?
At KVH, we’re focused on creating an exceptional experience for our patients
in a compassionate and healing environment. Volunteers are a vital part of that experience.
With a minimal time commitment, volunteers assist our healthcare team and play a special role in providing a warm, personal touch. Being a volunteer is
also an opportunity to gain new skills while interacting with patients, families, staff, and fellow volunteers.
You can make a difference!
- Front Lobby Receptionist: Volunteers greet patients and visitors as they enter the hospital and assist with patient way finding.
- Patient Transport: Volunteers assist with escorting patients to their appointments and provide wheelchairs when needed.
- Mail Courier: Volunteers collect and deliver department mail throughout the hospital and clinic.
- Patient and Family Services: Assist the Patient Activity Coordinator with providing activities for the Transitional Care Program.
- Pet Therapy: Volunteers and their qualified dogs provide friendly visits to patients, visitors and staff.
- Spiritual Care: Volunteers provide a caring and compassionate presence to patients and their families.
- Baristas: Barista volunteers staff The Daily Dose Coffee Shoppe and learn how to make the perfect espresso.
- Hospice/Home Health: Volunteers provide visitation, a friendly visit and a compassionate ear to Hospice and Home Health patients.
- Clerical: Volunteers assist with clerical duties such as filing, data entry, mailings, etc.
- Library: Volunteers maintain the Library that is available to staff, patients and visitors.
- Blood Pressure Screenings: Volunteers provide Blood Pressure screenings at special events and health fairs.
- Document Collection Specialist: Volunteers assist with the collection and shredding of confidential documents.
- Patient Quilts: Volunteers make quilts that are gifted to our patients in Acute Care, Emergency Care and Hospice.
- Give back to the community
- Be a part of a team that promotes excellence in healthcare
- Interaction with patients, families, staff and fellow volunteers
- Gain experience and new skills
- Have fun and meet new friends
- Be willing to volunteer a few hours per week for 6 months
- Be friendly, positive and willing to learn
- Adhere to hospital policy and procedure
- Participate in application process, including health screen, background check, interview and training
To request an application and/or more information, please contact
Ivy Velarde, Volunteer Manager